~ It's simple, we illustrate random topics, then we post our work for all to admire. ~

~ It's simple, we illustrate random topics, then we post our work for all to admire. ~

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Starbuck(s)

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't disconnect the word from the coffee company...so I ran with a coffee related issue that has come to my attention recently. I didn't know how uncool I was for ordering "girly" drinks from coffee shops in Bend (this includes lattes and mochas) until Jason started ordering espressos. Since then, coffee shop owners and baristas have alluded to how silly all of us latte/mocha drinkers are...oh well, I like my mochas.

4 comments:

  1. I hardly think that a Mocha is the equivalent to a quad-venti-cinnamon-creme-four-and-three-quarters-pumps-half-caf-no-caf-blended-counter-clockwise-iced-203-degree-with-whipped-creame-frappa-latte-dolce-macchiato with sprinkles.

    I really like the illo! I like the wash background and how the girls looked cramped in the square and judging each other. Are you still using the Faber brush pens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I feel better about my mochas now:)
    I'm not using them nearly as much...lately I've been sketching with pencil and then going back with brush and ink. I love inking things:)
    So yeh, that's what happened here. So fun! I miss comics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great illo, Connie! I love that the girl with the espresso is dressed more girly than the supposedly girly latte girl - so true. My favorite is the Seattle bike-hipsters that go out of their way to look like a cartoon character, then use coffee to express their purist POV - total bs! Mochas forever.

    Love the linework and attention to fashion details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! I love this! I know coffee snobs. -kit

    ReplyDelete